Wednesday 27 February 2019

TRIPLE LAYER STAMPING

They say nothing is new in the crafting world and that may be so but I think there are still new things you can discover.  For  me it was triple layer stamping that I saw an old video of 6 years ago on You Tube by DO Stamping.  Now you know I'm all about the old and the retired and I'm not very good at keeping up with trends and I use stash that may be considered out of favour but I like to still keep on using it.  So I don't know if this style is 'old fashioned' but I liked it.

I took my inspiration for my card from the sketch over at The Paper Players - rather than just use DSP for the layers I chose to do this triple stamping.


  

I used a stamp from Timeless Textures (that gorgeous filigree flower one) inked in Crumb Cake on to Whisper White.  I then went over it with Mint Macaron with a stamp from a retired set Nature's Perfection (I just love this set!)  If I were to do another one of these, and I surely will, I would make sure that the bolder stamp was a solid image - The one I chose wasn't and it didn't look right so I grabbed a blender pen and coloured the images in which makes it look a lot better.  I used the butterfly from Natures Perfection and added this as my 'shape' for the challenge.  The sentiment is from Watercolor Wings and I added a strip of Crumb Cake ribbon.  The butterfly has a touch of Spectrum Noir glitter pen to make it shine.



I was also inspired by the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps - Anything but a Square
TGIF - Butterflies
Inkspirational - Use Your Stash
Addicted to stamps and more - photo image - the colour blue






 

8 comments:

Su Mohr said...

Fiona, if your card is “old fashioned,” it looks new to me! I love the design and colors you chose! Thank you for sharing with the Paper Players!

Tami Hewlett said...

What a lovely card! The soft colors are beautiful. I've always loved that style of layered card, and you really showcased it well. Thanks for joining TGIFC this week.

sandie said...

I like you make what you love to-that is what it is all about. I truly believe you should make what makes your heart happy not just jump on the latest craze. An here your triple layer stamping has worked perfectly. I love the colour combo and added the textured ribbon was the perfect choice. Thanks for joining Ink x

laurie said...

This is gorgeous! Your colors and layers are beautiful.Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

Jaydee said...

Great take on the sketch. I love that you didn't use DSP and used the stamping on each layer instead. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
jaydee

coldwaters2 said...

Wow what a beautiful creation the layers of stamping look amazing a brilliant project thank you for joining our challenge at ADDICTED TO STAMPS
hugs
lorraine x

Monika Reeck said...

lovely triple layerg stamping..
love the color of your flowers and butterfly
beautifully made
many thanks for joining with us at ATSM this time
hugs
Monika

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Beautiful triple layer stamping card! I'm like you, I use whatever I like and as I've only been stamping for 3 years, every technique is new to me! Thanks for joining us over at Addicted to Stamps and More and I look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous creations again. Hugs, Gwendolyn