Friday 8 February 2019

LOVE IS IN THE AIR

Even if you didn't know February was the month of love you'd soon realise it when looking around the challenge blogs.  We are all spreading the love.  Valentine's in the UK is really only about the love of a partner - a romantic love.  When we lived in Texas I was pleasantly surprised to see how it is the love of all things and cards are sent to all loved ones.  It would be nice if that did take off here in the UK  - it would make it more special, especially for those who may not be in a romantic relationship.  Saying that, my card is really for a romantic relationship.



I chose to use the old SU set Summer By The Sea - a goody and a favourite of mine.  I used some Crumb Cake card stock as the base  and embossed the image with some retired SU embossing powder in brown.  I then used an aqua brush and coloured in the images with some SU inks.  I used a stamp from High Tide to add the image of the water.  The sentiment is another old SU one - I'm not sure what set as I only have the one word.  I added the image to some gorgeous paper from Dovecraft and added a little heart and some ribbon to finish it off.

I'm adding this into the following challenges:

The Paper Players PP427- Love is in the Air

Aud Sentiments - Love or Valentine Sentiment 

Craft Rocket Challenge - Valentine 

The Card Concept - Love is in the Air 

The Male Room - Love Your Men

Ellibelle's Corner - Something with Hearts





.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, lovely image.
Wendy xx

dmgarafalo said...

Love that set & do not think I ever used that one stamp from it - You did a beautiful job with it. I may have to try that this weekend.

Ellibelle said...

A really beautiful and romantic creation using that wonderful stampin up set. One of my favorite SU sets, although it's been a while since I used it.

Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month where it's all about "Dies/Punches or Something with Hearts".
Ellie

Monika Skinner said...

Beautiful and romantic, just perfect for our Love Your Men challenge! Thanks so much for playing along at The Male Room Craft Challenge. Good Luck!

Alex said...

Oh my… very elegant Valentine card! Love the stamp you used and you coloured it wonderful!
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

Hugs
Alex

*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#26 –Mixed Media}
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#26 – You are in my heart}
*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#56 – Valentine}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Ana A said...

Wonderful job on bringing this beautiful stamp to life - this is such a beautiful card and so very romantic! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Male Room Challenge - looking forward to seeing your future creations in our galleries :)

Billie A said...

Very pretty card. I love sitting at the beach. so peaceful and relaxing. I love your pretty card. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.

Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Catz

Claudia Martins said...

It's a beautiful design !! It's great to have you with us at Aud Sentiments Challenge !! We are waiting for you on our next challenge !!
a thousand Kisses!!
Claudia Martins - DT