Friday 1 February 2019

SPARKLES CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE - POINSETTIA

This proved a tricky challenge for me this month at Sparkles Christmas Challenge as I actually found I don't have any stamps with a poinsettia on it. Hunting through all my stamps I came across an old Stampin Up set Season of Joy which thankfully had one in it.  Saved!




I've used an old SU embossing folder with holly on it for the background in white.  The poinsettia was inked and fussy cut out twice and layered on top of each other - with some added yellow enamel dots to represent the stamens.  I added some extra holly leaves behind them and used the stitched framelits for  the sentiment which comes from the same set.  A little heart and some Spectrum Noir glitter pen gives the card some sparkle!

I think it might be an idea for next year to hunt out a different type of poinsettia flower to play with.  I look forward to seeing all your entries and I may get some inspiration of what stamp to get.






 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wow Fiona your card is gorgeous. I love the embossing folder which is so crisp and detailed. Fab poinsettias too. Hugs xxx