Monday 18 February 2019

MAKE IT MONDAY

Over on my Facebook Group The Joy of Sets - every Monday I set a Make It Monday challenge.  This Monday I have challenged everyone to make a project using a template or stencil.   

There is a sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps#SSC198  this week called from the heart - very apt for the month of February.  I tried to think outside the box for my entry and was inspired by something I saw Kristina Werner doing and I also wanted to try and use a template.








I started off by cutting a template out of a heart shaped thinlet. I fixed this directly to my Very Vanilla cardstock and started to stamp the images on the border of the template.  As the stencil is revealed you can see the shape of the heart - sometimes there is a bit of touching up at the middle and the bottom just to make sure the shape is there but I loved how this turned out.  I added some SU Tutti Frutti washi tape to the side and stamped and cut out some roses and leaves and added a touch of sheer ribbon.  I used four SU inks for the heart - Berry Burst, Fresh Fig, Old Olive and Tranquil Tide.

I'm also adding this into the As You See It Challenge #194 who have challenged us to keep things simple - for me simple for crafting is paper and ink.




 

5 comments:

Heather said...

Fiona, what a great twist on a masking technique - a brilliant idea that really paid off - it's lovely! Beautiful colors! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Jan Clothier said...

That's a very pretty heart and a great masking technique. Thank you for joining us at As You See It Challenge.

Heather Cooper said...

That's a clever way of creating a heart, Fiona! It worked really well! Very pretty colours, too! Thanks for playing along with As You See It.

LeAnne said...

Love your heart "cutout", Fiona! The roses are gorgeous and your color palette is divine! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at AYSI!

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely Sentiment with the lovely Flower stamp
great use the Sketch
Wonderful Card
many thanks for joining with us at Sunday Stamps this time
join again this week Maybe?
hugs
Monika (DT)