Monday 18 February 2019

PAPER PIECING

It's been a while since I did some paper piecing and it was great to see it as part of the challenge at Back to Basics and Beyond - a new challenge which I found today.

I decided to use Stampin Up's Beautiful You as it's a set I haven't used in a while and it really lends itself to paper piecing.  I used some retired papers from SU - yellow is not really a colour I use very often but it's a good one for Spring  I think.  I've also used the retired Botanical Blooms on this card.





Once I started I couldn't stop and ended up doing another one - using another retired Stampin Up set called Painter's Palette but in different colours - again no colours I normally use.



I'm going to go through my stamps and see what others I could use for this technique.




 

2 comments:

meg said...

Two beautiful cards glad you were inspired to make them and play along at BBB.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Your paper piecing is fabulous Fiona! Love this elegant stamp too. Looks fantastic in both designs, but I must say, I love the full length image and the gorgeous sunny yellow of the first. Two delish creations. Hugs, Wends xoxo