Wednesday 20 February 2019

MONOCHROMATIC MALE CARDS

That title was a bit of a mouthful!  We all like to see new ideas for Male cards and The Male Room challenge is a great place to start.  Their challenge this week is to make a card without any papers.  Not too difficult for me as I don't always use them.  I decided to add this challenge to the one over at The Paper Players which is Monochromatic - Shades of the same colour.



My card uses the Stampin Up Set High Tide.  I have used an old ink I think- Always Artichoke and my ink pad is quite old and quite dry - however using Tim Holtz stamp positioner is a great way to bring life back to old inks.  You can stamp them as many times as you like and as the stamp is always in the same position the ink gets darker.  I'm sure that's not what they all had in mind when the various companies developed the stamping positioner tools but it's what I use mine for the most.



I did add black as an extra colour so I hope that was ok.  The centre was punched out with a stitched framelit and I sponged the edges and popped it on dimensionals.  The button and thread is from my stash and was inspired by one of the cards from the DT at the Male Room.  I like to use buttons and it's nice that they seem to be having a revival.  


 

5 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Stunning! I love the way the main picture is on the circle yet elements of it !spill" over into the background

Linby said...

wow! what a great composition - just love it. Good tip about the ink and the stamping platform too.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Male Room.
Linby x
DT

Su Mohr said...

Fiona, I adore your seaside scene! Your choice of neutral colors is perfect! Thanks for sharing at Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

This is awesome! WHat a fun little scene you created with all these elements, and yet it's still very CAS! It's a challenge to do male cards for sure, this is a great one! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players challenge this week!

Andreja said...

Beautiful card and the scene is so beautiful :-)) Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.