Tuesday 5 February 2019

COLOURFUL SEASONS

I received some lovely free goodies from an SU demo friend of mine Andrea Parr with some of the new colours and new foils and couldn't wait to try them out. I chose to use Colourful Seasons and the matching thinlets as I really wanted to use those intricate leaves.  




I started my card using some of the new Lovely Lipstick as my base cardstock and I used some Versamark to add the sentiment Thinking of you in the corners. 

I then used the two different leaf thinlets to cut the images out of some of the new Needlepoint Nook DSP.  The finer leaf was layered onto some of that gorgeous Grapefruit Grove Foil sheet - it gives the leaf a lovely shimmer.

I used a Stitched Framelit for the circle and stamped the branch and leaves on with Melon Mambo as I don't have the matching new ink yet.  The chair was cut out of Wood Textures DSP.  I added the little cup and some flowers in the Lovely Lipstick foil sheet.  A few pearls and the sentiment stamped and cut out with a stitched framelit finishes off the card.

I'm adding this to the following challenges - 

Just Add Ink #442 - I used their sketch for inspiration.

Global Design Project - #GDP175 - Down the Garden Path

Sunday Stamps -SSC197 - Pretty in Pink

Always Fun - Anything Goes






 

6 comments:

Heather said...

So pretty, Fiona! I love this chair, lol - great use of the new foils with the leaves, too - looks gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Lou said...

That foil is so cool! I love how you have used our sketch Fiona. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink.

KimB said...

I love the idea of using leaves as your flourish element Fiona and I can see that using the foils adds amazing shiny gleams! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Jan said...

This is such a beautiful take on the sketch, Fiona! I love how you’ve used the leaves and layered them over the foil. And the lovely chair with the cherry blossoms adds such a wonderful hopefulness for Spring! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Heidi Baks said...

Fun and different color scheme for the Colorful Seasons set. I love the addition of the foil paper. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Monika Reeck said...

I love that Chair Image and lovely element on your Card
sweet beautifully made
Many thanks for joining with us at Sunday Stamps
hugs
Monika