Thursday 14 February 2019

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.  I'm feeling rather sorry for myself as I fell down my stairs on Tuesday and hurt my back.    I still managed to do some crafting today though - inspired by the Tic Tac Toe grid over at Retro Rubber.  Tic Tac Toes are one of my favourites which is why I started up my own Challenge blog with my Joy of Sets FB page where we do one every month.  I love how many different elements you can choose and everything is so different.


RRCB 104


Well I went completely out of my comfort zone with the colours on this card.  I chose to do the diagonal of butterflies, birthday and washi tape and my card was inspired by my washi tape. I'd recently purchased some retired SU Tutti Frutti washi and this was its first outing.


I started by adding five of the colours to a small piece of white cardstock - I then used the framelit from the retired SU set Watercolor Wings to cut out the small butterfly out of the Washi tape.  I stamped the larger butterfly in SU Fresh Fig and added the washi butterfly to it.  I also added some of the washi tape in the same order that I cut out the butterfly and layered it behind the larger butterfly.  

The background embossed piece is from Kaisercraft and is a gorgeous folder called Tiny Floral.  I've gone over the embossing with a Tim Holtz Distress Crayon in Antique Linen. I'm always late tot the party in crafting it seems and I've just discovered Distress Crayons. I love that you use your finger to move the ink around. Feels just like a kid and I've been doing lots of experimenting with them - I'm sure more cards will follow using them. I just need to get more colours as I only have the muted set.  Anyway back to my card - the sentiment came from a retired SU set called Cottage Greetings - I added a few of the Tutti Frutti sequins and some pearls to the card.


 

3 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ohh!! Love, love your green butterfly, the purple embossed background is perfect for it.
Beautiful card, thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
XO

Claire Grantham said...

Oh no. I hope you are on the mend. Your card is stunning that butterfly popping off of that gorgeous background. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

LeAnne said...

This is lovely, Fiona! I like how you carried that washi tape along the butterfly as well! Very clever! Thanks for playing with our Retro Rubber challenge!