Friday 31 January 2020

GLOBAL DESIGN PROJECT - #GDP225

A colour challenge over at the Global Design Project this month 





I wanted to do a valentine that I could maybe give to my husband - we will be celebrating 35 years this year ! - where does the time go?  I wanted to use the SU Animal Outing and especially the giraffes as my husband is 6'5" and affectionately known as Jolly Tall (which was a character in a children's book when my children were little).

I stamped the first giraffe and then stamped again on to acetate so that I could reverse the image and have them kissing. I added a retired SU heart embellishment between them.  I cut this out with a heart framelit. I only have Flirty Flamingo in a maker pen so I added it to some non stick paper and then used a watercolour pen to add a soft wash of ink over the heart.  I've taken a bit of poetic licence by using SU Stampin Blends in Daffodil for the giraffe.  I used one of the sentiments from the same set for another heart and inked it in the same way.

For the background hearts I used the SU Hearts decorative mask and sponged it in Real Red.









 

1 comment:

Shawn de Oliveira said...

Cute card and love the personal touch you added with the giraffes. Great job mirroring the giraffe too. Thanks for sharing with Global Design Project.