Saturday 11 January 2020

JOY OF SETS BLOG HOP - SOMETHING NEW


We are blog hopping again at Joy of Sets - this will now be a monthly event on the 2nd Saturday of the month.  Members of my Joy of Sets Facebook Group will be joining together on the hop to show you some inspiration.  Last year we were organised by Andrea Parr from Crafty Little Things and my thanks to her for all her hard work - this year the reins have been taken over by Angie McKenzie and she has set up some fabulous themes for the year.

Our first one is I'm sure close to all our hearts after the Christmas period - Something New - I've chosen to go with some new products I got - some Tim Hotlz Distress Inks in colours I didn't have and a lovely new set from Visible Image stamps called Curious Cats.  This was a gift from my daughter who knows what a mad cat woman I am.  Visible Image stamps are also sponsoring Joy of Sets Tic Tac Toe challenge this month - so why not come and join in there too - 

I mixed together Dusty Concord, Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers for my back ground - using water colour paper and a Distress Sprayer.  I added the cat image in Hero Arts Intense black and coloured in the eyes with Mustard Seed. I added a few sequins and some Spectrum Noir sparkle in clear to give it a shine.





To continue on the hop - click on the button below





Here is the complete list of our Blog Hop together with the individual links:




        

10 comments:

libbystamps said...

Oh my! LOVE that cat face!!!

Susan Webster said...

Just to unique not to purr at it! Lovely use of color and that kitty cat face... Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer said...

That background is so awesome! I love the cat eyes - so expressive!

stampingvickisvisions said...

I need to do more back grounds like this. My sister was a cat lover and I have some sets that I always used for cards to send to her. She would have loved a stamp like this!! Now that she's gone I don't use my stamps as much but every time I see a cat card I think fondly of her! THANKS for the wonderful card and memory.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Fiona, this is GORGEOUS! I love the kitties and this is just so cool. So happy to be hopping with you this month!

Krafty Kaylin said...

omg look at that huge cat face. I know some people who would really love that. makes me think alice in wonderland.

Jane Allmark Crafting With Jane said...

Great cat's eyes x

SueBeesPapercrafts said...

Beautiful and I love the colours x

Nigezza Creates said...

Wow what a stunning card. beautiful stamp and fabulous inking. Love it <3

Alejandra Gomez said...

love your card!! very interesting look with the cat's face!