Tuesday 28 January 2020

ROMEO ROMEO.......

What a great challenge over at The Library this week - Romeo and Juliette.


Image result for romeo and juliet book cover


I was lucky enough for my 50th to be taken by hubby to Verona and we stayed in the hotel right opposite Juliette's balcony. We were able to visit her house and stand on the actual balcony too - it was a really lovely weekend.  

For my card I knew I definitely wanted to use a rose stamp and found out that I actually only own one!  Kaisercraft's Rosabella stamp set has this lovely rose.  I also wanted to use a quote from Romeo and Juliette and found the most famous rose quote and printed it off.  I then sponged it with SU Creamy Caramel to age it. I cut out the panel with a framelit and added the quote behind.  

I used SU Watercolour Pencils to colour in the rose using Calypso Coral, Real Red and a touch of Melon Mambo - I used Old Olive for the leaves and added a drop of Gloss Accents to the rose bud to resemble dew.  I then cut this out and added it to the panel.  The sentiment comes from the same set.  I then added this to white card stock.







   

2 comments:

Marina said...

Yes - a fantastic take on the book - pretty , romantic and with a literary twist. Thanks for joining The Library.

Furrbster said...

This is stunning!!

Hugz Tinz