Tuesday 28 January 2020

FREE AS A BIRD

The Challenge over at Allsorts this week is Take Flight.

I've had this bird stamp set in my stash for ages and haven't used it yet so thought it deserved an outing.  I'm not even sure what set it is from.  I really love the Happy Birthday sentiment that comes with it too.  I decided to do it as a simple card with white on white.  I used some retired SU ink Creamy Caramel for the background - lightly sponging it then adding some stamps from Painter's Palette for the background.

I stamped the bird in Early Espresso then used some SU Watercolour pencils to colour him in.  I left the colouring quite rough to look like feathers.  I added a stitched dot line around the outside and layered it onto white card stock.  
















 

4 comments:

Mrs A. said...

A stunning card that speaks volumes. Love the CA s style. Hugs Mrs A.

brenda said...

What a really elegant creation with the Bird image, it's lovely to see you at Allsorts 'Take Flight' theme this weeks, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Mervi said...

Beautiful bird card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Tracy said...

Such a sweet card, and an adorable image. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge. Good Luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x