Monday 13 January 2020

TIM HOLTZ WILDFLOWERS

In my small stash of new craft goodies over Christmas were some of the wildflower thinlets by Tim Holtz and I fancied having a play with them.  I was inspired by the sketch over at Sunday Stamps #SSC222  this week and decided to play along.






I started off with a circle cut out with a stitched framelit and I sponged this up wit Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Shabby Shutters.  I used a script stamp from the SU retired set Background Bits stamped in Tim Holtz Crushed Olive.  I then cut out the wildflower thinlets in various coloured card stock and used some Tri Spectrum sparkle to give them a bit of a shine.  I then started on my background using a circle stencil and Tim Holtz Ripe Persimmon and Mustard Seed Distress Inks blending the two into the middle.  I used the cut out from the thinlet to create a stencil of the flowers and inked that in the Crushed Olive.  For my banners I used some retired Washi tape.  I added some ribbon to the bottom and some Copper Thread for the bow at the top.






 

2 comments:

Heather said...

So pretty, Fiona! These make such pretty stems, and I LOVE your rich colors! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Annette Elliott said...

So many fun elements on your beautiful card! I love the sponged background too! Thanks so much for playing with this weeks challenge at Sunday Stamps!