Saturday 18 January 2020

BIRTHDAY BLISS

I've been playing with a new stencil - from The Crafters Workshop called Mini Damask.  I sponged it with Tim Holtz Tattered Rose and Scattered Straw to make the soft background.  I then used a retired SU stamp set called Bliss - the main stamp looks very similar to the stencil and I inked this in Fresh Fig.  I added two oval thinlets and inked them in the same Distress Inks and then added the sentiments and some pearls.  The Happy Birthday is from my stash - I'm not sure which set.  The butterfly is from the same SU set and I used an old SU butterfly punch to cut it out.  A touch of Fresh Fig ribbon finishes off the card.




I'm adding this into the following challenges:

Just Add Ink - Birthday Celebration 
TGIF Challenge - Birthday 
Global Design Project - Celebration 
Make My Monday - Anything but square
Watercooler Challenges - Celebration




 

7 comments:

DVArtist said...

This is truly pretty. I love the balance of. Well done.

Chantell Randall said...

Your stencil goes perfectly with the Bliss Stamp set. I really like your sponging effect around the edges. Chantell Just Add Ink

ColourmehappyDi said...

I love when you find old & new items that work well together. Nice work on combining all the elements on your card. Thanks for playing along with our 10th anniversary challenge at Just Add Ink.
Di

Jan said...

This is such a pretty, feminine card Sherri! I love how your layers of ink stenciling have created such a soft vintage feel and how your elements all work so well together. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink in our special celebration challenge.

Nikki Spencer said...

Such a lovely product combination, they work so well together. A lovely soft vintage appeal Sherri, that soft stencilled background is lovely! Thank you for helping us celebrate at Just Add Ink.

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Fiona, such a lovely combination of SU! stamps and the Tim Holtz stencil. I love your choice of colours. They work beautifully together. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Patrice said...

The stencil & the stamp set you used to create your card are a perfect match. Lovely colours - thank you so much for sharing the fun of our 'celebration' hop. x