Saturday 11 January 2020

THE LIBRARY CHALLENGE No 49

Phew - talk about cutting it fine to avoid a fine lol! The Library Challenge No 49 had a great challenge I really wanted to join in with over the Christmas but just couldn't find the time - but I've just made it with a few hours to spare.  Their challenge was to choose one of their challenges through the year and as soon as I saw Chocolat by Joanne Harris I knew I had to choose that.  This is one of my favourites books - I've read all of hers and was lucky enough to see her in September 2019 giving a talk on her latest The Strawberry Thief - here's a picture of me getting my book signed by her.

 




So for my card I found a very old stamp by Tim Holtz which has the lovely image of the Eiffel Tower which features on the front of the book.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Dusty Concord for the background and spritzed it with water and then dried it with my heat tool.  I used an SU ink in Elegant Eggplant for the stamp of the Eiffel Tower. I also used a stamp from SU Background Bits which is a script stamp to represent the words in the book.  The Artist stamp from the same Tim Holtz set was embossed in Gold Embossing and I added three lovely chocolate pearls to finish off the card.  I then layered it onto some lovely gold card stock.





 

1 comment:

Marina said...

Oh la la! What a fabulous French-ish card and a great take on 'Chocolat'. I'm interested you're a Joanna Harris fan...I read Chocolat years ago and really enjoyed it but nothing by her since then. Until last week... I teach English and we were looking at a past paper and there was an excerpt from 'Jigs and Reels'...I think I may check out the book...
Thanks for joining The Library.