Tuesday 21 January 2020

STAMPIN UP ONLY CHALLENGE - #SUOC241



We are going with florals for our theme over at SU Only Challenge this week.  A lovely thought that spring may be on it's way - but I'm not sure winter has finished with us yet!  

I've used the lovely set Floral Essence for my card.  I started off by stamping the larger flower using a very old SU ink called Almost Amethyst.  I then layered this onto some Elegant Eggplant card stock.  I stamped the main flower in Elegant Eggplant and stamped it twice - cutting one of the flowers out and layering it on top with a dimensional.

 I used Crushed Curry for the middle of the flower and Pear Pizazz for the leaves.  This was cut out with a stitched framelit and layered.  I added some old SU ribbon and a heart embellishment and added a touch of Wink of Stella to the bold flower. The sentiment from the same set was cut out with a retired banner die.  I used the die to cut out two parts - one in white for the sentiment and another in the purple card stock which can then be layered on top of the white. I mounted it all on to some Perfect Plum card stock.  All my card stock is retired but you could do use similar colours from the new colours in the recent catalogue.  



 

1 comment:

crafty-stamper said...

Love the rich colour of the beautiful flowers and great stamped background
Carol x