Thursday 16 January 2020

INSPIRED BY..... QUIET

The challenge over at Inspired By is Quiet with a lovely image for us to follow.




In my day job when I'm not crafting I am a Reiki healer.  Quiet and mindfulness is a part of what I try and do every day and I try and instil this to my clients - take time out to just Be. I recently shared on my Facebook page  a wonderful quote I found written 125 years ago!  I wonder what Octavia Hill would think of our lives today? 


So for my card today I reached for a wonderful set of stamps by Visible Image called Mindful Moments.  I started off with a stencil from the same company called Atomic Flower and used some Tim Holtz distress ink in Shabby Shutters ( a nod to the shutters in the image) and SU Mint Macaron to sponge over the stencil.  

I then used some Distress Inks and Oxide inks and some water to make a background for the image of the main stamp.  I stamped this in Mint Macaron and then cut her out - I used some of the same paper for the sentiment and used a framelit to cut it out. I added the small stamp to represent the Chakras in Mint Macaron and then added a few sequins.  I made this a 6" x 6" square card.






 

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing at IB