Sunday 26 January 2020

SUNDAY STAMPING

I have a few hours today to do a bit of stamping and stopped by the TGIF challenge #tgifc248 which this week is to be inspired by the new Stampin Up catalogues.




I do have a copy of both of these but as I am not a Demo I haven't actually bought anything - am I allowed to say I wasn't inspired (yes I'm hiding behind the desk lol).  However I fancied being up to the challenge to choose an image and maybe adapt it with some retired SU sets.  As you may know I run a Facebook Group for Stampin Up current and retired called The Joy of Sets and I'm all about still using your old stuff - especially if you are not a Demo and don't have the pressure to keep buying new.

Looking through my stash I found a stamp very similar to the card I wanted to CASE.  I used Nature's Perfection and what I take to be a hydrangea stamp which looks very similar to the Water Lily and the card I took my inspiration from Saleabration cover - top right square.


I've used some of the current Perennial Essence DSP which is my absolute favourite on to some purple card stock.  I stamped and cut out two of the flowers - stamping them in Island Indigo and colouring in with Bermuda Bay watercolour pencil.  I added some Bermuda Bay ribbon.  The sentiment is from another retired set Background Bits and I embossed it in white embossing powder on to some Melon Mambo card stock and cut it out with a stitched framelit.  The little border of hearts was a die cut from my stash.  I added a few pearls to the bottom.

I love how this turned out and it just goes to show you can still make use of your retired goodies.



 

1 comment:

Tami Hewlett said...

Love your take on the challenge! The colors and those flowers are gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.