Saturday 20 February 2021

MIXED MEDIA TAG

I've only recently discovered Chocolate Baroque stamps and have loved playing with the ones I got.  This one is called Mushroom House and is a great one for water colouring.  

I started out by cutting out my tag using a Tim Holtz Tag die out of water colour card stock.  I inked it in Distress Ink Weathered Wood and added Black Soot with the TH wood stencil - and I added some script writing in the same ink.

The mushroom house was inked in Black Archival by Ranger.  I added colour with Distress Inks and Crayons and an aqua pen using Frayed Burlap, Festive Berries, Barn Door, Peeled Paint, Scattered Straw and Hickory Smoke.  I cut out the image and layered it onto the tag with some Liquitex Mat Gel.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set and this was inked in Ranger Archival in Vermillon and cut out with some deckle scissors.




I'm adding this into the following challenges:

Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Lil Red Wagon - Tag You're It
More Mixed Media - include Red


I'm delighted that my tag was chosen as one of the top 3 in My Time To Craft 






3 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Saw this at My time to craft and had to come for a closer look, it's fabulous! x

Chrissy said...

What a wonderful tag and I LOVE mushrooms..great textures and colours..
Thank you so much for joining in our challenge at Little Red Wagon this week..

Luv CHRISSYxx

cm said...

How cute are these mushrooms houses! Adorable tag! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational with your tower!
~carol