Saturday 13 February 2021

SWEET STAMPIN - CARDS FOR KIDS/TEENS




Our challenge over at Sweet Stampin this week is cards for Kids/Teens.  I find these type of cards a real challenge - probably now that my kids are grown I don't have many occasions to do children's cards and don't really have stamps that are suited.

There is one Stampin Up set however which I will keep in my stash as I do find it's great for cards for younger people. It's called Special Someone and has these great two step stampin images of woodland creatures.

I've started mine off here by inking the background with some Tim Holtz Distress inks and then using an SU stencil for the trees.

The Squirrel was stamped and then cut out and added with dimensionals as was the balloon. I added some glossy accents to the balloon. The sentiment is from the same set.  I added some of the grass with the tiny little stamp from SU High Tide - such a small stamp but it comes in so useful for adding grass.  


I'm also adding this into the following challenges:
Alphabet Challenge - Woodland Flora and Fauna
Addicted to Stamps - Birthday 
Creative Inspirations -Animal Antics



6 comments:

meg said...

An adorable image and card thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

Tristan said...

What a great scene you've created you've created Fiona. Lovely colouring on your squirel. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. tristan DT.

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Fiona. Such a fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week

Helen said...

What a cute card with that sweet little squirrel, Fiona!! You've created a lovely forest scene for him! Thanks so much for sharing at our challenge over at Watercooler Wednesday this week! Take care! :)

foleysfriend said...

So sweet! The background you created is the perfect setting for that cute squirrel. I love that you added a balloon to make the card more festive. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Dawn Phillips said...

What a really cute squirrel. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x