Wednesday 10 February 2021

BUTTERFLY TAG

We have had a touch of snow here again in the UK - some parts have it quite bad but we just have a smattering here in Hampshire - enough though to warrant staying indoors and crafting.

My tag today fits in with the challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Monday which is Resist.  I used Distress Oxide in Chipped Sapphire and Fossilised Amber for my background and then used a Tim Holtz stencil 129 and lifted off the ink with a baby wipe.  The background can just about be seen underneath the butterfly.  I must admit I find it hard making backgrounds and then almost covering them all up - practice I suppose.

The butterfly is a die from Tim Holtz - I had a piece of background I’d worked on which had been stencilled with some Distress Paste coloured with Walnut Stain Ink and I used this to cut out the butterfly - it adds some texture.  I then coloured it with the sample Distress Oxide inks of Sapphire and Amber but added some Liquitex Liquid Ink in Gold to give it more of a shimmer on the amber part of the wings.  The sentiment is cut out of an old dictionary I use for sayings.

I added some washi tape from my stash as it shows butterflies and finished off with some ribbon and some copper thread from Stampin Up underneath the butterfly.



1 comment:

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi
lovely tag I love all Tim Holtz products along with Simon says as well
I'm now a follower of your blog I hope you will come be a follower of my blog.
have a great week and keep warm.. here in Florida USA it is in the low 80* today.

hugs
Dottie xox