Friday 12 February 2021

COUNTRY HOME

I love this set from Stampin Up called Country Home - mainly for the jug and the urn.  I spotted the challenge over at Inspired By which had a gorgeous image of a pink jug and flowers and knew I wanted to use this set.  I also followed the sketch on A Place to Start which I actually found quite tricky to follow!

I started by using no line water colouring on the jug in Distress Ink Hickory Smoke and coloured it in with a paint brush and some Tattered Rose Distress Ink.  I stamped the flowers in Pear Pizazz Archival and coloured them in Spun Sugar and Crushed Olive.  I added some shading behind and cut it out with a stictched circle die.  That was the easy part.

I found the background paper in my stash and it is some old SU DSP which is black and white so I coloured it with Spun Sugar and used Tattered Rose for the flowers.  I used the little tile stencil from the set just to give some interest in the bottom corner and used Versamark ink.  I added the same stamp to the little banner.  The Happy Birthday die is really the only word die I have that isn't Christmas so I think a purchase may be needed.  I added it in black.



I'm still not sure I'm really happy with this - it may have to grow on me.

I'm adding it into the following challenges:


I'm delighted to say my card was chosen as a Top Sprout at A Place to Start 




5 comments:

Sam I Am said...

Fiona, how you watercolored the jug is lovely..."rust" patina! Great use of things you have in your stash. Thank you for submitting to A Place to Start. đŸ˜ƒSamantha

Lisa Elton said...

That is a wonderful image, I see why you like the set! You card is charming. Thanks for joining us at IB!

Danni Reid said...

Your jug is really pretty, such a sweet design too! Thank you for inspiring us @ IB this week!

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Fiona,

I love your take on the sketch! The colors are beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place To Start!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Judy McKay said...

Lovely card. Love all its elements. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this month. Hope to see you back here again. Judy DT