Friday 12 February 2021

HUG IN A MUG

I love stamps with mugs on and this set from Sunny Studio called Mug Hugs is one of my favourites - I really must see though if they do matching dies - it would make life a lot easier.

The challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday was to make a slimline card - these are all the rage and I'm normally one that if it's popular I don't join in lol!  But I thought I'd have a go and use the mugs. I was delighted to be lucky enough to win the $25 voucher last week which gave me the chance to purchase with the shipping costs and now added tax costs (thanks to Brexit!!! don't get me started lol) covered by the $25.  So much to choose from on that website! 

I stamped the clear stamps with Ranger Archival ink and used Distress Inks Vintage Photo and Festive Berries and a paint brush to give the soft watercolour feel.  I did some doodling on the mugs to add a bit of interest as they come plain. I used a SU blending pen in Light Grey for the cream foam and the sugar cubes and added some Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen.

I used Distress Oxide Frayed Burlap and Distress Ink Festive Berries for the background.  I used a TH stencil in what looks like coffee stains and a baby wipe for the resist technique to remove some of the ink.  The bottom panel is some washi tape I had which fits perfectly.  I layered it onto some Neenah Desert Storm Kraft card stock.




I'm adding this into the following challenges:

LilRed Wagon - Hot Drinks 
As You Like It - favourite stamp medium - I prefer to work with clear cling stamps as it's easier to see where you are stamping and easier to fix if you make a mistake.  I have so many wooden stamps now not being shown any love since clear stamps came out.
Audsentiments - Anything goes plus a sentiment 
Cardzforgals - Pink and Brown
Path of Positivity - Celebrate those you love - my card will be winging its way to a dear friend who I haven't been able to catch up with for a coffee and a natter because of Covid.  We can't wait until we can be together again and in the  meantime I hope she likes her card.








9 comments:

Imke said...

Fiona, i hear you with the postage coasts....**lol** But you did a great job using these mugs and your card looks like a littel collage ! Thanks for joining us @ Little Red Wagon and i hope to see you back again soon.


Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

sue t. said...

Congrats! Your card is a winner that's for sure!! Thanks for sharing the love at Cupcake Inspirations!

Debbie Mageed said...

Hi, Fiona! What a pretty card with my favorite drink in the whole wide world! Love how you incorporated the pink and brown colors. Thank you for playing with us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge and hope you can come back soon.

Valérie said...

I love coffee mugs stamps too, Fiona! I love how you made the coffee stains in the background. Thank you for sharing at Aud Sentiments. Valérie DT

Brenda said...

I love the sentiment on your wonderful card, it states my opinion perfectly. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts said...

Love it, what a great card until you can have a cuppa in person! Thanks so much for entering the Aud Sentiments Challenge, Crafty hugs
Jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts

Helen said...

Great card - love the background.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

Helen x

Squirrel x said...

Thank you so much for joining in with your favourite type of "stamp" AYLI challenge. What you've given us is gorgeous and we really appreciate you taking the time to enter. Hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Squirrel x

Suze said...

I like the coffee stain look you created in the background Fiona. A lovely card and lovely thought that I'm sure your friend will appreciate. Thank you for entering the Celebrate Those You Love Challenge at Path of Positivity.