Wednesday 17 February 2021

CAS HEART CARD

On my Facebook Group The Joy of Sets we send out birthday cards to our Birthday group - and some ladies are on the far side of the world.  I'm always looking for ideas for plainer, one layer cards to send through the post so that they don't get damaged and aren't too expensive.  It's also hard for me not to embellish but I think I managed it this time.

I started off by cutting out a heart with a die to use as my stencil.  I used watercolour paper and used Distress Ink in Shaded Lilac and Dusty Concord and a paint brush to fill in the heart.  I then took a Stampin Up Stencil, covered over the heart and used Distress Ink in Ripe Persimmon to give the pretty background.

A simple sentiment from a Clearly Besotted set finished off the card and then I left it.  Gulp!  It will be winging its way over to Australia.


Addicted to CAS - Hearts 
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes 
Happy Little Stampers - Use a Die - my die became my stencil



1 comment:

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great name for your facebook group Fiona! Love this stencilled heart in those muted shades. I'm sure it will arrive safely in Australia and be very much appreciated! Thanks for coming to play with us at Addicted to CAS :) Vicky x