Sunday 21 February 2021

SOME NEW STAMPS, DIES AND STENCILS

I've recently come across Wendy Vecchi - I know I'm slow to some things lol! I love the way she does stamps, stencils and dies all in one set.  This set is called Country Flowers and I've had a play using two different colour ways.

The first uses blues and these isn't really a colour I often use.  I started out by inking the background with Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap and Speckled Egg Oxide Inks and added some water to give some extra interest.  I used the stencil from the set and inked around it to give the shape in the middle.  I then gently inked around this just with the Speckled Egg.

The flowers were coloured in with Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon.  The butterfly was inked in Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon Archival.  I used Pear Pizazz for the leaves.  I added some Nuovo drops just by the flowers - using Wendy Vecchi's tip of using a stylus ball to place the Nuovo drops rather than just using the dropper.  This gave a lot more control over their placement.  The sentiment is from Chocolate Baroque Mushroom House - such a great set and I will be playing with that one soon.


The second card is much more my favourite colours with the earth tones.  I used Wendy Vechhi ink in Orange Blossom to ink the flower and Distress Inks to colour it in.  The stamp on the tag is an old Cherry Pie Art Stamps one.  The Washi Tape are from my stash.  I used the various stencils and stamps from Wendy Vecchi for the background and added some interest and texture with some Tim Holtz Crackle Paste.




I'm adding these into the following challenges - 
Chocolate Baroque - Birds, Flowers, Butterflies 
AAddicted to stamps - Any Occasion
Ellibelle - Flowers or Hearts 
Use Your Stuff - Your favourites - I've used my favourite colours and added a tag which is my favourite thing to do 


5 comments:

brenda said...

So pleased you came back with another creation Fiona and a really pretty one it is at that, many thanks for joining in with our February them at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

B x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing
at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge;-))m

Tracy said...

Thank you for joining We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge with this entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Ellibelle said...

Two beautifully done cards, Fiona. Such wonderful new goodies!
Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge! A new theme will be posted this Wednesday, hope you'll stop by to check it out!
Ellibelle's Corner

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Gorgeous cards! Warm and hearty. Thank you for joining us at ATSM!