Thursday 26 April 2018

ALL THINGS WILD

A few cards from me today for a number of challenges.  The first are Butterflies Stampin on Tuesday challenge has a sketch challenge with the option of Butterflies  


I've gone for purple - not a colour I usually use - I've also used some old SU DSP for the background.  I've used Kinda Eclectic, Jar of Love and Beautiful You and some butterfly punches.






My next card is for a Facebook Goup called Colour Inkspiration #C132 - they gave us the following image and colours for our inspiration.

No automatic alt text available.

I've gone with Kinda Eclectic again but a completely different style.  I've added some of the sequins to the butterfly also - I find those sequins quite tricky to use so any chance to get them on there and I'll have a go.






My final card is for Time Out challenge and their word for this week is WILD.  I'm also including this in Try It On Tuesday for their challenge Nature's Beauty.





I went back to an old SU set - Autumn Days and the pheasant which I have inked up a lot over its life time.  It's always a great go to for male cards too.  I've used Watercolour Paper here and colour washed it with Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake and Always Artichoke.  




The pheasant was embossed in Gold Embossing powder and coloured in with SU marker pens.  The grasses are from the same set.  The sun is from Kinda Eclectic.  The Love sentiment is an old SU script stamp and was embossed in old SU Maize embossing powder.  Some ribbon and some coloured enamel dots finish off this card.

Thanks for stopping by and do please leave me a comment -I love to hear from you.  Happy Crafting.


 

11 comments:

dianne@diannescards.com said...

Love the butterflies card. Great color combination. Thanks for playing along at TSOT.

Heather said...

Beautiful job with our sketch - those were my fave butterfly punches, lol. And I LOVE purple - yay, you! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

sandie said...

Wonderful set of cards. Your card for Time Out has really interpreted our 'Wild' side! Your water colouring provides a lovely back drop to this gorgeous scene and I love the sparkle you used. Thanks for joining us at Time Out x

Donna Scholz said...

Thanks for joining Try Stampin' on Tuesday again, Fiona! Purple is sometimes a real challenge, but you've tackled it beautifully! That's what challenges are all about - making us stretch a bit beyond our norm. -Donna

Darnell said...

Your wild pheasant embossed in gold is a great take on the WILD cue, Fiona! You have created a lovely landscape for him! Thank you for playing at TIME OUT! Hugs, Darnell

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful set of cards.Thanks a lot for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Hugs, Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful cards and your gold embossed pheasant looks amazing 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊

Meggymay said...

A wonderful selection of cards, thank you for sharing one with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Krafty Kaylin said...

i love the mix of patterns and the use of the butterflies. thanks for joining us at TSOT.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous cards! Thanks so much for joining us at TIOT, hugs, Valerie

Anita in France said...

A fabulous trio, Fiona ... I'm especially taken by the pheasant ... he's such a handsome, striking chap, set in his beautifully colour washed and stamped scene! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)