Tuesday 17 April 2018

RETRO - GOING BACK TO 2004!

As nice as it is to start using new stamps, there is a special relationship with old stamps that maybe we have forgotten to use for a while.  This was my thinking behind starting my Facebook group - The Joy of Sets where we celebrate all stamps, not just Stampin Up, old and new.

The challenge over at Retro Challenge #rrcb84 this week is a photo image :


RRCB 84

The challenge over at Inspired By is also very similar 




This one had me scratching my head thinking I didn't have anything that was old enough to do with rain or showers.  And then I remembered a little set I've used recently for an inchy swap which has a cute little umbrella in it.  This one hails from a Stampin Up Set called A Little Love from 2004!



I've used a retired SU embossing folder and some retired ribbon also.






 

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Such a fun card! I love that embossed background! Thank you for playing at Inspired By :)

creative lady said...

Cute card, love the heart embossing and the cute image. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge blog!

Jan Clothier said...

That's a really retro umbrella stamp. I don't think I've ever seen it before. It was nice to use a retro embossing folder too. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge. PS Love the name of your Facebook group!

LeAnne said...

Aw, I remember this little umbrella stamp...and how fun it is with the showers of hearts on your embossed piece! Very cute and clever! So happy you shared it with us at Retro Rubber this week!

Claire Grantham said...

This is wonderful, I am a sucker for an embossed background. And I really like the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Neva Cole said...

What a great take on the theme, the embossed hearts with a few layered over are perfect! Thanks for playing along at Retro Rubber!