Saturday 14 April 2018

WHAT A CHALLENGE

What a challenge sketch over at TGIF Challenges #tgifc155




Going through some old SU stamps I suddenly had a Eureka moment of what I wanted to do - but I'm not sure its actually turned out as I hoped. Nevertheless here it is  - constructive criticism welcomed.



I started off with a very old set of letter stamps called Collage Alphabet - this is one of my favourite SU alphabet sets and I've had it years.  It's great for scrapbooking also.  I chose SU colours Rich Razzleberry and Island Indigo for the cards and u sed my SU 1" punch and 1 1/4" punch for the circles in contrasting colours to the stamped inks.  

The Birthday sentiment comes from Feather Together and the butterfly is from Bold Butterfly Framelits.  I inked a piece of cardstock with both the ink colours and cut out the butterfly.  I added some Wink of Stella and some basic pearls.  A touch of non SU coloured stones at the bottom and the background paper is also non SU.

What do you think?  Does it work?



 

2 comments:

Elizabeth Price said...

Don't you just love when those "ah ha" moments come to you? Your card is clever and full of great details. Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge this week at TGIF! Smiles, Elizabeth

Card Bomb said...

What a fun card! I love the shading on your butterfly! Thanks for playing with us this week at TGIF Challenges!
-Maria