Thursday 5 April 2018

DOUBLE D - TWINE - A NEW CHALLENGE

I found another new challenge blog on my travels through the internet! Double D challenge and their challenge is to use Twine on your project - they have also given a mood board for inspiration - I chose to go with the greens for my card.



I've used Grey cardstock for the base and the layers - It looks purple here but isn't in real life.  I've used the Seasonal Layers Thinlets from Stampin Up for the leaves and the Colourful Seasons Stamp Set for the sentiment and the leaf stamp on the image.  The embossing folder is also old SU.

I've used a button - I haven't used a button on my cards for years and used to love adding them - it was quite therapeutic rummaging through my button jar so I think I may get them out again more often.




I'm not sure if it shows up but I've actually filled the space where I cut the solid leaf out of the green cardstock with the more delicate leaf thinlet backed on to a solid grey leaf.  So three leaves in total. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for stopping by on your travels - do leave me a comment so I can come and visit you.




 

3 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, love your beautiful card, a fabulous design! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

WOWZA ... this is just beautiful Fiona! What a fabulous use of the twine! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘TWINE’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my goodness, I just LOVE this card. It's absolutely beautiful. I have that Seasonal Layers die set and have pinned for future reference. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Twine Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!