Saturday 14 April 2018

I'M ALL ABOUT THE CATS

My life at the moment seems to be all about cats! I am a volunteer cat fosterer for a national charity for cats in the UK. That means I have some cat pens in my garden and I look after cats that find themselves without a home until one can be found. I've only been doing it since January this year and have had 7 cats come in and out of my pens and found homes.


My latest cat in my care though is going to give me problems in that I can see I won't want to give her up.  She came to me last week after she had just had major surgery to amputate her front leg.  We don't know her history or how she got the injury.  She has no owner, not name - we have called her Lucky.  She is such a cute little cat and, although very nervous which is hardly surprising, she and I are forming a close bond.  How on earth can I give her away?  I have two cats and two dogs already - I'm not sure how a Tripod Cat, which I found out is what they are called, would fit in with my brood.  But for now she is in my care whilst I nurse her back to health, strength and life!


So my card today for another new challenge I've found had to be cats.  The challenge is called Twofer Card challenge  and going by the fact that their challenge is #4 I'm guessing they are quite a new challenge.  What a great idea - take one stamp make two different cards!  A great way to add cards to our ever growing pile of them! I'm also adding this into Daring Cardmakers - which are asking for Animal Antics 

I've gone with Stampin Up's Pretty Kitty and, I think you could say, they are quite different.




The first one is all about the pinks - Melon Mambo, Powder Pink and a touch of Berry Burst.  The Embossing folder is non SU which I picked up in a local craft shop yesterday for only £1.49!!!  I love it!  I've used the Hey sentiment from Jar of Love adn the other one is from Pretty Kitty.  I've coloured it in with marker pens and used Wink of Stella and some rhinestones.  Stitched Framelits were used for the sentiment.


The other card is all about the greens - my favourite Lemon Lime Twist to be precise.  The background paper is non SU - I've used the Stitched Framelits again for the image and the sentiments. They say Thank You...My Friend - and are from a retired set called Mini Messages Two Step Stampin from 2004.






 

8 comments:

Darnell said...

Your sweet kitty cat in the flower pot is adorable, Fiona! I love how you have created two different designs with her and made each of them very special!! I love the colors and composition of both! I'm so glad you found our new little challenge and I hope to see you back often! (Don't forget to become a follower if you haven't already!) Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #4!! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn said...

Such a cute card. I love the cat hiding in the flowers. If it was my cat she would wait until you past by then jump out at you. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is the cutest image of the kitty peeking from the flower pot. I love it and the two cards you made using it. I also enjoyed reading your story and find it very inspiring that you take cats in when they are in need. That is awesome of you!

Fiona said...

Thank you for your kind comments Darnell I’ll be back to play again

Fiona said...

Thanks Dawn mine too lol!

Anita in France said...

Such a sweet kitty image, Fiona ... and fabulous detailing on both your cards ... lovely colouring, great texture, delicious dimension! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Miri said...

That's a cute cat on your cards.
And Lucky is lucky to live in your garden :-). That's a great job you do for helpless and homeless pets.

Kara Lynne said...


Oh how difficult to part with an animal with whom you've bonded! I hope that goes well for both of you. Your kitty cards are both adorable and I love how you varied the designs so differently, yet still kept your image front and center. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!