Friday 27 April 2018

FOLD CARD

I love to play around with different fold cards and this one was inspired by the fabulous Dawn Griffith - love it!  As I've 'borrowed' this idea from Dawn I'm including this card in the As You See It challenge this week - their theme is Something Borrowed.

My Card is also going into the TGIF challenge #tgifc157  this week which is a Tic Tac Toe challenge - I love these challenges! - so much to choose from: I'm using the pink, pearls, flowers for the top row.



I've also used the colours suggested by the Color Throwdown challenge this week - this gorgeous image is apparently of a cafe in London - wow I've never been but as London is only an hour away from me it's definitely on my wish list now.






I've used Stampin Up Powder Pink card stock for the base along with some Very Vanilla and Perfect Plum for the cut out of the chair sponged with Perfect Plum round the edges. The chair has been layered on to papers cut with the Stitched Framelits.  The backing paper which is so pretty and has all of the colour choices in it is from a stack called Once Upon A Time by Craft Sensations.  Such a pretty paper.

I've used Colourful Seasons for the stamping and the sentiment is from Feather Together stamped in Pear Pizazz.  I've added some basic pearls to the flowers which are from the matching framelits for Colourful Seasons.

This is the inside of the card which has been stamped in Regal Rose and Soft Suede with the Sentiment from Beautiful You.  This card is winging its way to my sister-in-law for her birthday- I hope she likes it.



I'm also including this card in the Make My Monday #69 challenge which is In The Garden.


 

6 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Lovely unique fold creation! So glad you were able to join us at Color Throwdown!

Sian said...

Beautiful! I love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Sian.

Jan Clothier said...

Such a pretty colour palette! I love all the little details such as the pearls and stitching. Thanks for joining us at As You See It.

Sue - said...

Lovely card and an unusual fold. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday

Heather Cooper said...

Fiona, that is such a cool, fun-fold for a card. What a great idea to "borrow"! And can you believe, I was just trying to remember the name of Regal Rose the other day, because it's my favourite pink that Stampin' Up! has ever had! I love all the care you've put into your card for your sister - the sponging, the pearls and the stitching! She's going to love it. Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

Elizabeth Price said...

What a lovely card full of beautiful colors and sponging that makes me smile. I am glad you played a game of tic tac toe with us at TGIF! Cheers, Elizabeth