Thursday 12 April 2018

FRIDAY'S FACEBOOK MUSINGS

Two cards from me today for different Facebook Challenges. One is for a challenge on Joy of Sets - my own Facebook Group which celebrates all things SU - retired and current.  I've challenged everyone to Case the Catty before it goes.  I've chosen to do Bookcase Builder, especially as I see it is retiring - I don't think this little set got the love it deserved!  My card is from Page 105 of the outgoing catalogue 2017/2018.  I've had this set quite a while and only from looking at the image in the catalogue did I realise what the small dots were for - keeping the shelves together - Doh!

I'm also entering this one into Watercooler Wednesday's challenge this week which is All About Occasions.




My other card is for a new FB Group I have just joined called Colour Inkspiration  #C131- and their challenge was to use the following colours:

Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry Tempting Turquoise

I opted to go with Feather Together for this one - another set I believe is retiring.  I don't have the framelits to go with this set so had to just cut out the feather for the layering.  I used marker pens for the sentiment.  The ribbon is non SU but it goes so well.







 

3 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Fiona, what a lovely baby card you've created! All those sweet images on the bookcase really evoke a baby's room and the things within it. Your colouring really sets the mood. I love the subtle tones. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Fiona I haven't thought about that book case stamp set for a while and now that it's retiring I'm thinking do I want it or not for all those little images. Your card has given me a nudge in that "have to have" it direction. Beautifully assembled. Love the little bow, and thanks for the reminder that the dots are the anchors for the shelves. So lovely. Thanks so much for joining us for our "All Occasions Challenge" this week at Watercooler Wednesday.

Gail said...

You have used the bookcase builder set very effectively - so cute! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.