Friday 27 September 2019

BOO!

Over at my Facebook Group The Joy of Sets we are running a Hallowe'en card swap. Hallowe'en is a much maligned festival - with the true meaning lost in the Hollywood hype.  It's only recently become popular in the UK as it is in the US but people still don't send Hallowe'en cards.  For me it is a time for remembering those members of my family who are no longer with me - and sadly I have quite a few.

My card for the swap though was a bit more of a traditional Hallowe'en style using a very old set from SU called Bitty Boo.  This is more than 10 years old but it is the only set I have with Hallowe'en style images so I thought it deserved an outing.



I started off with some samples of SU Designer Series Paper and cut them out with a small square stitched frame.  The Hallowe'en images were stamped onto white card stock in Memento Ink and SU Tangerine Tango.  The orange ones have a layer of Spectrum Noir Sparkle in Harvest Moon. I've just bought this set of three coloured sparkle pens from Spectrum Noir and they are perfect for Autumn cards.

I layered them onto some black card stock and added a touch of Washi Tape in the middle.  I cut out the bat and added some yellow rhinestones.  The black was then layered onto some Crushed Curry Cardstock.

I'm adding this into the following challenges:

Watercooler Wednesday #wwc240 - Occasions
Retro Rubber 120 - Anything Goes
Make My Monday - Shapes

 

8 comments:

maria f. said...

Such a fun design.

Allison Clark said...

Gorgeous card, Thank you for joining the color challenge I chose at Make My Monday, hope you will join us again soon! hugs XoX Alli C - DT

Created by Kath said...

Fun Halloween card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

Dawn Phillips said...

Such a fun card. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Sue - said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

Nora Noll said...

What a fun design!! I love the quilt you created on this!!

Neva Cole said...

And what a lovely outing your stamps created! The quilted design is perfect for these little images. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Retro Rubber.

Claire Grantham said...

Your card feels like a quilt, I think that would be a fun make for Halloween.. a mini quilt. Great card, love all the elements, so wonderfully combined. Thanks for joining us this time over at Retro Rubber. Claire DT