Monday 2 September 2019

INSPIRED BY.... INSPIRED BY CHALLENGE

I was inspired by Laurel's image over at her challenge Inspired By




I have had this little stamp set with a typewriter on it for years and never really used it - as soon as I saw this image I knew it had to have an inking.  However, because of the age of the image of the typewriter it spoke to me of more of a vintage theme so that's what I went with.

I have an old book I use to cut the pages out when I want to add some background interest and I tore the edges and then inked it up with three Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Antique Linen, Old Paper and Tea Dye.  I stamped the typewriter directly onto the paper but it didn't show up well enough so I restamped it and cut it out.  The paper clip is also a stamp and I used a sentiment from Stampin Up Thankful Thoughts for the note of thanks tucked into the paper clip.  I used another stamp from SU Background Bits and one from Kinda Eclectic directly onto the crumb cake card stock using Versamark ink to give it some interest.  I also used a few more stamps from SU's Timeless Textures.  I also used some of the letter stamps from the little stamp set.  With a nod to the blue colour I added a few little blue pearls.










 

2 comments:

Joan said...

LĂ´vely vintage card, love that typewriter!

Laurel said...

Such a great vintage card Fiona and a perfect take on the inspiration!