Friday 13 September 2019

AUTUMN DAYS

Autumn is my favourite time of year - I love the colours and the hedgerows bursting with fruit that I can forage and turn into chutneys.  So just a little warning that there may be lots of autumnal type cards on my blog in the next few weeks!  I hope you will forgive me!

I'm starting with a very old set from Stampin Up - It goes back to 2009 eek!  It's called Autumn Days and it is one I will never part with - in the part of Hampshire where I live in the UK we have lots of pheasants roaming around - they are the lucky ones who have escaped from the shoots that happen a lot around here.  

I wanted to drag this set into the modern style but I think I must have still been in nostalgia stage as it looks quite old-fashioned to me.  How strange that crafting can have an age!


I started off by embossing the bird in some very old Rust Embossing Powder from SU - from around about 2009 also.  I then made a mask and stamped the various grasses around the bird using a mix of Really Rust, Old Olive, Mellow Moss and Crushed Curry.  I used the tag framelits to cut out the piece and a backing piece in Cajun Craze.  The backing paper is not SU but a lovely green piece I found in my stash and I ran it through the Big Shot with an embossing folder which shows pine leaves.  I love how it came out - the white popped through and has such a lovely texture.

I added some Jute Trim from Docrafts to the bottom.  I cut out some leaves with the Colourful Seasons framelits and sponged them in Old Olive and Crushed Curry.  I added a bow of baker's twine in Old Olive and a few buttons from the Regals collection.  The little thank you is from another old SU set called That's the Tag.  I turned it into a Thank You card with Thanksgiving on my mind.  Although we don't celebrate that holiday here in the UK I did enjoy it when I lived in the US.  The brad is from my stash.

I love how this turned out and am going to enter it into a few challenges:

Retro Rubber - #rrcb119 - Fall Colours  
Inspired by - Signs of Fall
Addicted to Stamps - Holiday
Male Room - Autumn 



 

3 comments:

Linby said...

What a delightful scene you've created and put it on a lovely detailed background too.
Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room challenge.
Lynn x
DT

creative lady said...

Love your fall card. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Claire Grantham said...

Love that you used tags for your main image and the scene stamping is lovely. The embossed background is awesome, I need that folder! Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT