Sunday 15 September 2019

JOY OF SETS BLOG HOP - TRI-FOLD CARDS


I'm delighted we are holding another Blog hop for the Joy of Sets Facebook Group. My thanks to Andrea Parr for once again organising us all - not easy when we are all over the world!  If you would like to join our Facebook Group click on the logo above.  Our theme is tri-fold cards and, as is usual with Joy of Sets, we allow all products to be used - although a lot of members are Stampin Up Demonstrators.





I went for a slightly different type of tri-fold with mine and it just sort of evolved as I was doing it.  I started off with some black card stock which is unusual for me.  I wanted to use the lovely Mosaic DSP from Stampin Up - I adore mosaics especially Roman ones and we have a gorgeous one in our local Iron Age Museum which dates back over 2,000 years.




I cut the piece of cardstock 10" x 5 " and scored at 4" and 7 3/4" - I still work in inches and always will!  On the left hand side piece I used the framelit from Colourful Seasons to cut out the edging and added some of the DSP layered onto Mint Macaron.  I added some pearls just to define the edge.






I used the butterfly framelit from SU Watercolour Wings for the butterfly and used the same DSP.  I actually cut half of the butterfly out of the black card stock and this is what helps to keep the card closed as the left hand tucks in behind the butterfly's wing.  The little butterflies were cut out with the framelit from That's the Tag.  The sentiment inside is from Kinda Eclectic and I used a retired butterfly punch to cut out a butterfly in the same DSP.

Have fun hopping around the blog and visiting all the wonderful projects - do stop by and say hello - we love to read your comments.  Why not join in with our next one and be part of the group?


To go to Annette Ball's blog click on the button below:

 To be taken back to Andrea Parr's blog - click on the button below:

Here is a full list of all those who are participating in the blog hop including links to their blogs:


Fiona Whitehead - You are here

           

7 comments:

Jane Allmark Crafting With Jane said...

Beautiful Tri Fold. I do love those butterflies x

Andrea said...

Beautiful card and I love how you switched up the tri-fold theme and went the extra mile. Thank you for helping me to get us there this month, it's been a crazy month <3

Krafty Kaylin said...

i really like how you did the edges and it locks into place. great inspiration.

Linda Moore said...

Beautiful card. Love the butterflies. Awesome job.

Angie McKenzie said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the mosaic DSP, the butterflies and the scallop edge! The pearls are the perfect finishing touch... almost like butterfly kisses! Thanks for the inspiration, Fiona! xx

libbystamps said...

Very nice card! I l love the butterfly.

Susan Lawson (Simpson) said...

Fab card Fiona - the butterfly closure is so clever!