Thursday 1 August 2019

SPARKLES CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE - #103 - IT'S SNOWTIME



Welcome to another Christmas Challenge at Sparkles - this time we are celebrating snow!! Not something we often see at Christmas time in the UK - we seem to get it more at Easter - but we live in hope every year.





I've used a set from Gina K Designs and Simon Says Stamp for my card -inspired by one of Gina's own designs.  It uses the snowflakes from her set Season of Joy.  I actually bought this set just for the little mugs which come with it and, of course, the reindeer as I love reindeer.  But the rest of the set is equally as lovely so I've used the snowflakes for my card.

I started off with some white cardstock and masked off a space for the sentiment.  This is not part of this set and was something I had in my stash.

I used a number of Tim Holtz distress inks for the background until I got the muted colours I wanted - they included Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Chipped Sapphire, Shaded Lilac.  I then used my embossing buddy to spread powder over the ink before I used Versamark for the two snowflakes.  I used some Wow bright white embossing powder.

I slowly peeled off the masking tape and added the sentiment in Momento Tuxedo black ink. I added some dazzling diamonds to give the white background some sparkle and added some pale blue rhinestones.  I then matted it onto some silver cardstock and then craft cardstock.





 

1 comment:

Petra-loves-paper said...

Lovely card, like the way the snowflakes pop! Greetings Petra