Friday 16 August 2019

WHAT !!! NO STAMPING?

That's the challenge this week over at Just Add Ink#470- no stamped images! Eek that sounded tricky and then I looked at my desk.  I had just finished making some ATC's for a challenge - the theme was Something In The Garden.  One of the ATC's didn't have any stamping on it - amazing. I'm adding it into their challenge.  Just for completeness I'm showing all three ATC's.





The first one is the one with no stamping.  I used a Kaisercraft embossing folder for the leaves and then used some Tim Holtz Distress crayons to ink up the background.  The bird was gifted to me in a Fat Envelope Swap we did on my Facebook Group, The Joy of Sets, as was the flower.  There is a touch of old SU washi tape on the one side.  The words are cut out of a book I use especially for crafting.  I know I hate cutting up books but this is an old book of ancient Rome I found in a charity shop for 10p and it really has had a new lease of life.  It took some reading through to find some words that were suitable for all the ATC's but I managed it.





This second ATC does have some stamping on it - I stamped some of the leaves from a Clearly Besotted set called Fall Flowers which have matching dies.  They were inked up with Tim Holtz Distress inks.  They are layered onto another piece of card stock which was stencilled and inked with the Distress Crayons to give texture.  There is some bronze thread behind the leaves and some washi tape.




The third ATC has more of the leaves from the Clearly Besotted set and a different bird on a branch.  Some of the leaves have been stamped and some have been cut out using the dies.



These little ATC's will be winging (oops sorry for the pun) their way off to Karen Mortensen's from Charmed Cards and Crafts group FB challenge.

     

4 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

These are so awesome, Fiona!! I love the muted colors and amazing textures!! No stamping needed, indeed!!

Nikki Spencer said...

What a gorgeous textural lineup Fiona! Love the book sentiment idea...perfect! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Chantell Randall said...

Oh Wow - you have been busy. I really love all the textured layers and different elements that you have used. Chantell Just Add Ink

Tina said...

Your ATC's are fabulous! The birdies look amazing against your lovely background. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.