Wednesday 14 August 2019

SOME CHALLENGES

I've been having a play with some new products this week - new to me - not necessarily new products on the scene!

I run a Facebook Crafting Group called The Joy of Sets - and last Saturday a few of the ladies came over to my house for a Crafternoon Tea.  They came from various parts of the UK to Hampshire and one lady even stayed over night.  We had great fun and it was lovely that we got on as well in person as we do over the internet.  You never really know do you?  One of the ladies had an upline who was leaving SU and was giving away some stamp sets.  I received an old one called Petal Parade. It seems as thought this wasn't very popular in it's day because there is not a lot of inspiration out there.

I chose to use it for the challenge over at Less Is More - though now I've done it I think there is More rather than Less!    I loved the colour choice they had given us though and somehow I thought it lent itself to this stamp set.





I actually made this card last week and nearly forgot to post it for the challenge! I used all Stampin Up Colours for my card.




My second card uses some new leaf dies and stamps I've just got from Clearly Besotted - the leaf stamps are so lovely and are all two step stamping.  I used some Tim Holtz distress inks for the leaves.  The swirl is from the Swirly Bird thinlet and the flower is from Floral Essences, stamped in Blackberry Bliss and fussy cut out.  I added some dots from Timeless Textures and the dotted lines across are from Watercolor Wings.  A few sequins finish off the card.  The sentiment is from the Clearly Besotted set - it's called Fall Flowers.  I'm adding this card into the Fab Friday challenge #169 as I used their sketch 





I'm also adding this into a new challenge I've found called Crafting Happiness - their brief this week is Flowers



 

4 comments:

Christine M said...

Love both of these Fiona especially the 2nd one ... right up my street! Just missed out on getting Petal parade on ebay ... made a bid then forgot about it and got pipped at the post by 10p!!!!!!! How annoying is that???

stampwithamyk said...

Very pretty! Love the flower with the circle die cut. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Heather said...

Love it, Fiona! I love to use that swirly circle any time I see a circle shape, and you've done a great job with that set! Fun colors! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful flower cards! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity at Crafting Happiness Challenge. Hope you'll share more of your projects.
Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy
Crafting Happiness Challenges
Facebook Page for Pause Dream Enjoy