Saturday 10 August 2019

SWEET STAMPIN - ANYTHING WITH WINGS

Our challenge for you over at Sweet Stampin this week is anything with wings. I chose to do a butterfly - I'm not good with insects but butterflies don't count!

I've recently bought some stencils - a real bargain I found them on a FB craft selling site.  This one is made by The Crafters Workshop and is called Mini Alhambra.  I started off by just playing around with some Distress Inks by Tim Holtz on some Very Vanilla SU card stock.  I wanted to use a sort of rich Moroccan palette so I opted for Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Bundled Sage and Fossilized Amber, blending as we went along. I then went over these stencils with a Tim Holtz little dot stencil in Tattered Rose.  I then used the same colour palette for the butterfly which is from Stampin Up's Watercolour Wings.


I then spotted a piece of the new SU card stock I had been gifted from a friend and it was just the colour I wanted for my background.  It's called Noble Peacock Speciality DSP.  I also used the same paper to cut out the Celebrate from SU .  I still had some of the inked background left so I cut another celebrate out and layered them.  I added some lovely shiny embellishments which shimmer blue and green when the light hits them and some Spectrum Noir sparkle pen to the butterfly.  

I really liked working with the stencils and you may see some more as I bought six new ones!


 

No comments: