Thursday 8 August 2019

LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE BOYS....

The Male Room Challenge blog is celebrating 6 years and are asking us for birthday cards.  I used two sets from Card-io Stamps - Garden Hosedown, and Birdsong 1 for my card.  I masked off a piece of the white card stock first and sponged some Tim Holtz distress ink in Bundled Sage for the grass.  I added tufts of grass from Stampin Up's High Tide set.  The tree is from Birdsong and I used some stamps from SU's Lots of Lavender for the leaves.  I added the barbecue flames in 3 Tim Holtz colours, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, and Barn Door and added some Glossy Accents to make the flames shine.

The backing paper is from some of Stampin Up's current DSP called Pressed Petals.

The sentiments are from Clearly Besotted Tiny Type.





 

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is fabulous, love all the details, those flames look real. I'm sure your hubby will LOVE it. Thank you so much for joining us in our Birthday challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith The Male Room DT
Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

The Male Room
themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

Lynn McAuley said...

What an awesome card for your husband, Fiona! I love the flaming bbq grill!! Sensational design!!

Chris Dring said...

This is such a fun scene you've created! What a fabulous guy card!

Linby said...

You've created a fab scene - love the flames.
Thanks for sharing with them at The Male Room 6th birthday challenge.
Linby x
DT

Christine M said...

Boy oh boy this is creative Fiona, what a great scene for a fabulous guy card ...