Thursday 1 August 2019

STAMPIN UP'S THAT'S THE TAG

I've been playing with a new set - now if you are a regular to my blog you will know i like to use old stamps sets and I'm not always about buying the latest trends!  This set is a great example. It comes with matching tags - though to say they are matching is a bit misleading as they really are just oval tags but still fun.

I've made two separate cards for two separate challenges using the same set.

The first one is for Addicted to CAS whose code word is Daisy.  One of the tags has a daisy tag in it but I wanted to do something a bit different with it.  I found a couple of rolls of old Washi tape I hadn't used and stuck them over a piece of cardstock trying to keep the colours flower like and bright.  I then used the die cut to cut out the daisy shape out of the washi piece plus another black one.  I then paper pieced all the little pieces out of the washi'd die cut and added them into the other blank piece.  It almost forms a slight mosaic.  As this is a CAS challenge I simply added a stem and some leaves in Lemon Lime Twist from Stampin Up's Jar of Love together with the cute little saying.





My other card is for CAS Colours and Sketches#332, where they combine both challenges - as follows:





I've used some of the new Designer Series Paper from Stampin Up as the background on to some green card stock.  The die is another one of the die cuts from the same set but you can add the stars to cut out.  I've layered a piec eof Emerald Envy behind the Pistachio to show the stars better.  I then cut the same stars out of some other SU DSP and stuck them either side of the tag.  The sentiment is in Berry Burst which is the nearest I had to the Primrose Petals and the ribbon is non SU.






 

5 comments:

Bobby said...

Very creative, Fiona. Your daisy does look like mosaic and it's lovely. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.

karen h said...

Wonderful card! I like the flow of stars! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Lynn McAuley said...

Great job on both of these beauties, Fiona!

Toni said...

What a creative way to use that washi--very cool! thx for joining us at ATCAS!

Wei said...

Awesome take of the sketch and great use of the colours, too. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.