Thursday 25 July 2019

CHRISTMAS IN JULY

I'm joining in with TGIF Challenge Christmas In July with another card inspired by one of their Design Team Elizabeth Price.- I hope it's ok to post two!  I loved the way her card looked and the fact that she said it probably couldn't be repeated as it was a question of add this then that.  That's exactly what happened with my card.

I went for an unusual palette for Christmas as I normally do reds and greens so this was completely out of my norm.

I started off by using masking off a part for the moon then using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks in Fossilized Amber and Pumice Stone to create the background.  I sponged the edges to give it the vintage look.  The script type stamp is an old Cherry Pie one and I inked it in stamped off Blackberry Bliss by SU.  I added some gold pen to parts of the ancient script.  I  inked some of the trees from SU Winter Woods in the Pumice Stone to give them a soft effect.  The trees were cut out of Very Vanilla card stock and covered in ink and a touch of white gel pen for snow.  The ribbon and flowers were from my stash.  I wrapped some bronze thread around the card before sticking it to some SU Crumb Cake.  I also added the Reindeer from Gina K Designs and the snowflakes from the same set called Season of Joy.  I love how this turned out and may well keep this colour palette for this year's cards.





 

2 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

What a stunning design with these awesome neutral colors and those fabulous textures of your burlap flowers and lace trim!! A sensational Christmas design, Fiona!

Elizabeth Price said...

Fiona this card is a true delight and work of art. Your color palette is delicious and the variety of textures is a great blend. I am totally loving your gel pen snow, it's a cool effect. Thanks for sharing with us a TGIF. Smiles, Elizabeth