Tuesday 9 July 2019

BEAUTIFUL YOU MEETS MOSAIC MOOD

I adore mosaics - especially the ancient Roman ones. I'm lucky enough to have volunteered a few years back at our local Iron Age museum where we have a 2,000 year old Roman mosaic of Jupiter found near where I live. It's one of the things on my 'to do' list - try my hand at mosaics.

So when I was gifted some of this gorgeous papers from SU called Mosaic Mood I sat and stroked them - especially as they have texture!

I decided to play along with CASE this sketch using the following:




I turned the sketch on its side for my card and decided to do some paper piecing which I haven't done for a while.  I used the Beautiful You stamp set from SU and cut out her dress from the matching papers. I used the reverse side of the gorgeous paper also as her hat and added a simply stylish sentiment.


I really then had to walk away and other than the small pearl in the corner I resisted the temptation to add anything on the left hand side for balance.


 

No comments: