Tuesday 5 March 2019

TRY STAMPIN ON TUESDAY - SKETCH CHALLENGE #398

We have a sketch challenge for you over at Try Stampin on Tuesday #398 - with the added option of Monochromatic if you're feeling extra brave!






I had this stamp set from Clearly Besotted that I had yet to ink up.  It's not often that I have uninked stamps - I don't have hundreds and do tend to use them as soon as I get them but somehow this little one had yet to be used.  Cupcakes are not really my thing - especially as being gluten and dairy free I rarely get to eat them - but I just adored this little set and I thought it would be perfect for this sketch.


I used a Stitched Framelit for the circles and used SU Very Vanilla - the hippos were coloured in with SU water colour pencil in Grey.  The cupcakes were coloured in with my new Tri Blend spectrum pens from Spectrum Noir.  I'm still not sure about these - with three blending colours in one pen they are a bargain compared to Copics but I'm still unconvinced about the blending ability to see the three separate colours.  Maybe I need more practice.  

The background papers were some from my stash from Docrafts - a really lovely selection that I will be using lots.  I added some ribbon at the bottom and a few little pearls.  I also added some Glossy Accents to the top icing on the cupcakes to make them shine.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you all do - thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment - I love to hear from you.






 

1 comment:

lichazul said...

super cute card !! the hipo is total lovely
congrats Fiona
have a great day :)