Saturday 9 March 2019

SWEET STAMPIN - PANCAKE DAY/MARDI GRAS

You have the option on our challenge today at Sweet Stampin to choose Pancake Day or Mardi Gras.  After deciding I really couldn't think of anything to do with pancakes - I trawled through my stamp collection and found this very old stamp I bought years ago.  I have only ever been published in a magazine once and it was with this stamp - back in 2008 when I used it for an ATC - it was featured in Artful Blogging.  The magazine is still going strong too I think. Looking back on what I did then to what I've done with it now it's interesting to see how styles change and evolve.




As the stamp is so big and old - I wasn't sure whether it would completely ink so I started off with first embossing it in SU 's Copper Embossing Powder.  I used my new Tri Blend pens from Spectrum Noir for the colouring.  They are great in that they have three colours in one pen but I'm still not convinced on their blending abilities - hmm - maybe Copics is the way to go!  I added some purple ribbon and layered into onto black card stock and then some purple DSP I had in my stash.  I turned it into a square card which is not a shape I often use but it suited the stamp.

And here's a look back to 2008 when I was published in Artful Blogging! What a difference!





 

No comments: