Thursday 1 April 2021

SPARKLES - CHRISTMAS TREES





Our challenge this month at Sparkles Christmas Challenge is all about trees.  I had such fun making this card and love how it turned out.  I started off by inking some Distress Ink on to my cardstock and then using a Tim Holtz stencil and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink for the background.  

I inked a background for my die cut before I cut it out using Peacock Feathers, Walnut Stain, Speckled Egg and Liquitex Ink in Iridescent Bright Gold.  The die cut of the tree with that lovely image of the deer and the birds is from Lisa Jones and Sizzix called Folk Christmas Tree.  It cuts out the tree and a background for the tree which I inked in Walnut stain.  

The star was from my stash and I added some more of that lovely gold ink.  The sentiment was cut from a larger stamp to show the words Christmas Tree and I added the Oh in die cuts from Tim Holtz.  I've yet to find a nice stamp I like which has Oh Christmas Tree all in one stamp!! I added some more of that lovely gold ink to the edges of the sentiment and added a border around the cardstock.




I'm adding this into the following challenges:
FabnFunky - Christmas 
Addicted To Stamps - Christmas 

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Striking card hun. Loving the colour scheme and the tree is fab. Hugs x

Craftyfield said...

Lovely muted colours for this Christmas card (the traditional red and green doesn't do it for me anymore!) love it!