Tuesday 30 March 2021

TRY STAMPIN ON TUESDAY - TSOT500





Optional Theme - Pets 


We have another great sketch for you this week at TSOT with the optional theme of Pets.  Having 5 pets, 3 cats and two dogs I had to go with the optional theme.

I started the background with some brick paper and used some Tim Holtz Distress Ink to go over the colour.  I added a panel behind the cat of Texture Paste and a brick stencil - I coloured the paste with some Distress Ink re-inker in Walnut Stain before adding it to the stencil to give a darker brown.  

The cat stamp is one of Tim Holtz' Crazy Cats stamps and coloured in with Distress Inks and an aqua painter brush.



I'm also adding this into the following challenges:

Here's A Place To Start - shape - rectangles of the bricks 

8 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Fantastic textures with your silly feline creation! Your color choices are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing your project to Inspiration Station Challenge. We hope to see you in future challenges as well.
Smiles and Crafty Hugs,
Donna Ellis
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Very cute image!
Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Patty S - Design Team

Becca Sadler said...

Yes, I agree with lots of rectangle shapes on your darling card!!! Perfect for the APTS pick a shape theme challenge month! Thanks for sharing your card! --Becca/DT

Brandi said...

Adorable card, I love that cat, so cute! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

foleysfriend said...

Lovely card. I love all the texture of your brick wall. Really like the distressed edges of the cat panel. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

sue n.

libbystamps said...

What a sweet card using our sketch this week! Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

Allisa said...

Love your gorgeous background! Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

ike said...

Great background and I love the quirky cat :-)
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hugz
IKE =^..^=

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog