Wednesday 21 April 2021

DIGITAL IMAGES


I haven't yet joined in with the digital stamping craze - until recently.  I was lucky enough to win the challenge at Inspiration Station last week and their prize was a digital download from Power Poppy Images.  I chose the geranium as it's one of my favourite flowers and I loved the image of them in their pot.

So after playing around with the sizing I ended up with two - a large one and a small one.  I found it interesting to see how the two images, coloured with the same inks, produced different results. One was a no line image and the other was a black line image but the difference is still quite large. 

I turned the smaller one into a card using some old SU DSP for the background - I added a lace doily and some old SU ribbon and buttons.  



I'm adding this into the following challenges:

The Card Concept - lavender image 
TGIF - Very Vintage 
Cute Card Thursday - ribbon and twine
Seize The Birthday - spring flowers 

The larger image was coloured with the same Tim Holtz Distress inks but look at the difference - I found the larger one a lot easier to add detail too especially for the leaves.  The sentiment also came as part of the digital download.  Hmmm  would I usedigitals again? - do you know I just might lol!




Their challenge this week is another photo inspiration.  For this one I used an old Clearly Besotted set called Kiss Me Quick - I've used the sheep from this one before but not yet the rabbits.  They are so cute with just the right sentiment.  I used Distress Inks to create the scene and added some extra Lavinia stamps for the toadstools and the path.





I'm adding this into the following challenges




6 comments:

Tami Hewlett said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.

Marci said...

Thank you for joining at Inspiration Station Challenge
It is great to have your creations with us!
Marci - DT

Donna Walls said...

Such gorgeous designs and I'm glad you stepped out of your comfort zone to try the digital stamp set you've won! You entry for Inspiration Station is adorable and a great intrepretation of the inspiration photo. Thanks for playing along and we hope to see you often! Donna, DT

shirley-bee said...

That’s such a lovely image - I’ve just been planting up some red geraniums, love them! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳

Kim S said...

That's a sweet image. I love the way you've backed it with the stripes and the doily. Thank you for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great make, love the detail you have gotten into the larger image

Thank you for sharing with us at 'Angie's Digital' this month
Hugs Shell xx