Saturday 10 April 2021

I LOVE YOUR KIND HEART

I love this little stamp set from Simon Says Stamp - it's called Take Heart.  We don't have hummingbirds sadly in the UK but when I lived in Houston and went to Colorado we saw dozens of them - such gorgeous little birds and that's what sold this set for me.

My inspiration for this card came from the challenge at Time Out Challenge and the image they gave us to work from 

I started by stamping the images in Black Archival and then coloured them in with some Stampin Up colours - Bermuda Bay for that gorgeous green and some Tim Holtz Distress Inks for the flowers and the bird. I coloured and cut out extra flowers and added them on dimensionals.

I then used a cloud stencil to create the clouds at the back and a wood stencil for the foreground to represent the wooden decking.  I added some heart gems to go with the sentiment and some sparkle with a Spectrum Noir sparkle pen on the bird and the inside of the flowers.




I'm adding this into the following challenges:

Let's Create - Flowers
Allsorts - Butterflies, Birds, Bees



11 comments:

Darlene said...

Such a sweet creation and I love the added dimension! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

sandie said...

I am so pleased Fiona that our photo inspired this gorgeous card. I really like how you built up that background with the clouds and the desking stencils-such thought and creativity. The Hummingbird is just gorgeous-I love hummingbirds but have never seen one like you-lucky you....still the stamps are fun (must dust mine off!). I like the pinks you used on the flowers and that you added a touch of dimension too! Thanks for joining Time Out x

Kathleen said...

A lovely background and a sweet little bird. Thank you for joining our 'Butterflies, Birds and Bees' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Shauna said...

What a pretty card! I like the subtle background colors and the hummingbird looks fab! Thanks for joining at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

brenda said...

A really pretty floral creation, many thanks for joining in this weeks 'Butterflies, Birds and Bees' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

So pretty and love your floral designing. Stunning project. Thank you so much for entering your gorgeous project into our "Easter/Spring " challenge atThe sisterhood of crafters this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Cheers, aNNie DT Member
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Linby said...

A really sweet little bird on your lovely creation and a wonderful sentiment too. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

Danni Reid said...

Such a sweet, pretty card, love your hummingbird and bouquet, great stenciling too! Thank you for inspiring us this week @ IB!

Viv said...

Gorgeous card, thank you so much for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Let's Craft and Create. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Cara said...

This is so sweet, love how you created the background. Thanks for playing along with us this month at The Flower Challenge, sorry I’m so late commenting. Cara DT x